Personal information means information about an identifiable individual, but does not include publicly available information as contained in a business card, telephone directory or government registry.
Governance and Responsibilities
Consent for Collection, Use and Disclosure
Employee Personal Information
Employees include all individuals who seek to be, are or were employed by AKITA. In general, personal information collected, used and disclosed about prospective, present or former employees is for administering, planning and managing an individual’s employment relationship with AKITA and includes but is not limited to:
- ensuring the safety and security of staff and corporate assets, including company held information
- determining eligibility for initial employment, including the verification of references and qualifications
- administering pay and benefits
- facilitating professional development and performance
- performance review and internal staffing considerations
- complying with applicable employment or legal requirements
- communicating with staff and
- other reasonable purposes as required to manage the employment relationship
AKITA may collect, use and disclose personal information of past, present and prospective employees, without consent, for reasonable purposes that pertain to the employment relationship and as provided by privacy law. Where required AKITA will provide the subject individual reasonable notification of the use and purpose of the information disclosed.
External Personal Information
In general, the personal information collected, used and disclosed about external parties is for the purposes of:
- providing information about AKITA and its operations to external parties;
- managing and administering contracts with external parties;
- managing AKITA’ relationship with and providing for the safety of external parties
- meeting any legal or regulatory requirement or obligation
- facilitating participation in AKITA events and
- other reasonable purposes consistent with AKITA’ business objectives.
AKITA may collect, use or disclose personal information, without consent, for reasonable business purposes and as provided by privacy law. Personal information may also be transferred to another company in the event of a change of control of AKITA or some form of business combination, merger or joint venture.
Retention, Access and Correction of Information
Personal information will only be retained for the period of time necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required for statutory or other legal purposes. Upon written request, except where permitted or required by law, individuals will be granted reasonable right of access, review and correction of their personal information.
When making an access request, we may require specific information from you to confirm your identity and right to access to the personal information that we hold. AKITA reserves the right to charge you a fee to access your personal information, but we will advise you of any fee in advance. If you need help in preparing your request, please contact our Privacy Manager.
AKITA encourages all staff personnel to comply with this policy and any instances of noncompliance may be subject to certain disciplinary actions, including termination of employment or severance of business relationship.
Questions, concerns and access requests may be directed to:
AKITA Drilling LTD.
Attention: Privacy Manager
1000, 333 – 7th Ave SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 2Z1