AKITA 29 and 34: Acceleware, Marwayne RF XL Commercial Pilot Drilling Program, Alberta
Construction of Acceleware’s commercial scale RF XL pilot was started in January, 2021. The pilot will validate Acceleware’s all-electric RF XL clean heating technology at Broadview Energy’s Marwayne asset, which is located in the Alberta oil sands designated area. Though the pilot test is greenfield, RF XL can also be adopted into brownfield projects, leveraging existing processing infrastructure to increase throughput volumes without the expansion of capital intensive water treatment and steam generation equipment.
AKITA 29 drilled in Marwayne in August 2021, with Rig 34 competing the drilling portion of the project in October 2021.
- Project: RF XL Commercial Pilot Test
- Rig 29 Drone Video: Rig 29
- Press Release: Acceleware kicks off Marwayne RF XL Commercial Pilot Test
- Press Release: Heavy Oil Pilot Creates a Buzz
- Financial Post Article: Financial Post Acceleware Kicks Off Marwayne RF XL Commercial Pilot Test
- Globe Newswire Article: Acceleware Marks Major Milestone for RF XL Commercial Pilot
- Yahoo Finance: Yahoo Finance Acceleware Kicks Off Marwayne RF XL Commercial Pilot Test
- Nov 9, 2021 – Acceleware Ltd. Tweet (Video): AKITA 34 on the #RFXL Pilot
- Aug 23, 2021 – Acceleware Ltd. Tweet: Acceleware and AKITA